Having friends over doesn't always require bringing in a chef or long hours over a hot stove. It could mean pulling out a few boards with an assortment of everyone's favorite snacks paired with the right bottle of wine. At Poise and Punctilio we are all about time well spent with the people we care about. In our Finishing School we help ladies and gentlemen understand the fundamentals of entertaining so that it becomes a natural occurrence in their everyday lives. Today we are tackling Board Food and how to make sure you are prepared for an impromptu get together. The best host can prepare a gathering in less than 30 minutes.
1. Invest in a quality board to display your creation on. There are so many variations of boards that you can use, keep in mind the amount of people you are expecting, when choosing the board. You can also create a variation of boards for a larger number of guest.
2. Communicate with invited guest, be sure you have an understanding of the dietary restrictions to make sure you have something on the board for everyone.
3. Add a bit of crunch, many cheese boards are elevated by something crunchy to help guest feel satiated. There is something about crunchy foods that make us feel fuller faster.
4. For every group of 5 have two cheese types, a Group of ten should have 4 cheese types, a group of 15 six cheese types. Always keep in mind your guest list to make your shopping list a breeze.
5. Complementary paired drinks to make the most of the flavor. Here are a list of my favorite pairings
Prosecco And Parmesan
Sauternes And Fondue
Cabernet Sauvignon And Aged Gouda
Chardonnay And Gruyere
Rioja And Manchego
Riesling And Ricotta
Malbec And Aged Cheddar